Tuesday, October 2, 2012

DIY lamp idea

This DIY is really simple. Not so much of a DIY, but more of a clever positioning of household items.

I recently moved into a flat in a downtown area, where you sacrifice size for location. My living room is pretty small, and only has electrical outlets on the left side of the room near the front door.
In desperation of a cheap yet chic lamp that would illuminate the whole room, I had to get crafty.

I originally bought this paper lantern lamp kit at my local TJ Maxx on clearance for $4. (Such a good deal, I had to buy two!) After bringing it home I realized the thought of having a cord hanging across the room as soon as guests walk through the door made me cringe.

In a jiffy I grabbed a basket (also bought at TJ Maxx on clearance for $3) and put the lantern inside the basket.

I think it turned out to be very unique and beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment